Sample the sights and sounds of New Orleans during the Irving Concert Series at Whistlestop Plaza, 123 W. Irving Blvd. Irving’s annual concert series showcases live music performances by musicians from across the state. The 2017 series will bring the music of New Orleans to Irving. Multiple genres, including jazz, big brass, Cajun and more will be highlighted. Authentic New Orleans food also will be available.
All shows are on Fridays, twice a month, from 7 to 8:45 p.m. Parking and admission are free. In the event of inclement weather, shows will be moved to an indoor location.
The show schedule is as follows:
- April 14 | The N’awlins Gumbo Kings
- April 28 | The Kickin’ Brass Band
- May 12 | T’Monde
- May 26 | Big As$ Brass Band
- June 9 | Three Quarters Fast Jazz Band
- June 23 | Tribute to Zydeco and Louis Armstrong
For more information about the concerts, visit IrvingEvents.org or call (972) 721-2501.